Best 21 Ralph Waldo Emerson inspiring Image Quotes and Sayings
Ralph Waldo Emerson was an American essayist, lecturer, philosopher, and poet who led the transcendentalist movement of the mid-19th century.
Born: May 25, 1803
Died: April 27, 1882
Ralph Waldo Emerson inspiring Quotes:
1. A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.
2. Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet.
3. Character is higher than intellect… A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to
4. Children are all foreigners.
5. The conversation is an art in which a man has all mankind for his competitors, for it is
that which all are practicing every day while they live.
6. Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.
7. Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a
8. Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.
The more experiments you make the better.
9. Don’t waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of
10. Every hero becomes a bore at last.
11. Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some
blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
cumbered with your old nonsense.
12. Give all to love; obey thy heart.
13. I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the
14. I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in
Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical,
that I fled from.
15. If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me.
16. Insist on yourself; never imitate… Every great man is unique.
17. Let not a man guard his dignity, but let his dignity guard him.
18. Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
19. Make the most of yourself, for that, is all there is of you.
20. Nature magically suits a man to his fortunes, by making them the fruit of his
21. Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.